Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blog Post #5

The Networked Teacher

A Personal Learning Network (PLN) is a established group of people and tools that you can consult, collaborate or ask for assistance when needed.  There are many ways to create your group or methods of help.  I have a PC and use Windows 8.  Everything that I have generally needed is on my Start page.  I keep the most useful or often used pages together at the beginning.  After looking into Symbaloo, I decided to create a page to keep the networks that I might need for my teaching career.  I think it is a very useful site and keeps all of my apps together and easily accessible.  I think this is a powerful tool to have at our disposal.  I am not as familiar with some of the sites that Symbaloo offers, but I can keep all of my old sites in the same spot as well.  This site allows me the opportunity to explore.  I already have Facebook and Instagram.  I have had a Twitter account for a while now, but have never really used it for professional networking.  LinkedIn is a very useful tool for professional networking.  I have had my account for several years and have maintained some very healthy professional relationships through it.  I encourage the use of the site for professional enhancement.  Organization is a very important tool for educators.  Without it, there is too much room for confusion and misunderstandings.  The use of a well organized PLN is crucial to a well networked teacher.

1 comment:

  1. Erin!
    Beautiful Post!
    To begin with, your explanation of PLN's was very clear and simple which helps others reading your post know exactly what a PLN is without any confusion. I like how you included your personal testimony on how you are able to organize PLN's in your daily life.

    ReplyDelete